We all know that Telegram is a messaging app. We can chat with our friends, family individually whenever we want. But what if we want to talk with a group of members at a time. It’s really a time-taking process to communicate with each person individually on the same topic. So, the developers came with the Telegram Groups. For building communities, these Telegram groups are the best and powerful tool. There is no need to stop with one Telegram Group, you can create unlimited groups and in each group, you can add upto 100000 members. You may see such group in WhatsApp or some other apps. But, these Groups Telegram have some hidden features. Let’s see what are they…
Telegram Groups Features
Generally, we use groups to send a common message or to discuss a common thing with a group of people. These Telegram Groups help us to send photos or share plans with our Family members or Friends. Not only friends, it will be helpful for the teams and businesses to coordinate their work. Most of all, it works perfectly for the massive ICOs to keep in touch with investors and to answer questions. Whatever the purpose or no matter the size of the file you want to share in Telegram Group, you can easily make it happen. I said above that there are many hidden features. Those features will really help you make communication easy. Each feature is explained below in detail. Check out how to use and when to use them.
There will be many members in a Telegram group and all may send messages randomly. You can normally type and send your message or reply to the people in Telegram Group. If you want to reply only for a particular message then follow these steps,
- Swipe left on the message you want to reply.
- Type the text that you want to send.
- Finally, hit on ‘Send’.
On tapping the quote in a message i.e., a reply, the Telegram app will take you to the original message. After seeing that you can directly come down or to the previous location with the help of the arrow button that appears on the screen. The person to whom you replied will be notified. If that person muted the group chat, that message will be notified to him/her. In this case, the notification settings of that person will ‘personally’ apply.
If you want to mention particularly one person or some selected persons in your conversation, you can make it with the help of this feature. All you have to do is just use ‘@’ symbol and search for the required name. Tap on that person’s name and thus they will be notified about your message. Even if they muted group chat, they will get notified. Of course, it is unless that person has personally muted you.
Reply or Mention Alerts
Above we have seen how to reply to a particular message and mention a friend in Telegram Groups. Now, let’s see about alerts. During a day you may get many replies or new mentions in the busy groups of Telegram. You don’t want to miss those messages or mentions. For this, you don’t need to read the messages of all groups and search for your mentions. Telegram group offers a feature called Reply/Mention alerts. So, whenever your friend or some other mention you or replied to your message in a group you will get notified instantly with the badge of ‘@’ in the list of your chats as shown below.
- When there is new reply or mention in your Telegram group, just open that group that is having the @ badge.
- Inside the chat box, tap on the new ‘@’ button. You will be taken to the place where that message or mention appeared.
- After reading all those messages the button will disappear. Also, to quickly mark them as read, you can also use a long tap on the @ button.
We all the see the basic groups which are ideal for sharing the things with family or friends that are in fewer members means, small teams. These Basic Telegram groups have up to 200 members. By default, it gives everyone the option to add new people and can also edit the group photo and name. This is what we generally see in the basic groups. But if you want to create a large community, then you can upgrade that basic Telegram group into a Supergroup which is more centralized.
Telegram Supergroups can be created with maximum 100000 members. Compared to basic Telegram groups these Supergroups will load quickly and they are optimized to host large online communities as well. You will not miss any message even it is from many days ago. Also, these Supergroups offer many advanced admin tools which we will discuss below.
Tip: If you want to do something for popularity then prefer creating a channel instead of a Telegram Supergroup. These channels help to broadcast public messages to large audiences. Also, you can have unlimited subscribers to that channel. So, your something will reach many and will become popular.
If there is any important news, the Supergroup admin can inform all the members using this feature ‘Pinned Messages’. On top of the chat screen, these pinned messaged are displayed as shown in below image. Once the admin pinned a message, all the members in the Telegram Group will get a notification. You will be notified even if you mute the ordinary messages from the group.
Now there is a chance to move your existing group chats to the Telegram. Are you wondering how? It’s through ‘Invite Links’ option. See how to use Telegram group link from the below steps.
- First of all, create a group on Telegram to get the link. Now go to the ‘Add participant…’ and tap on ‘Invite to Group via Link’.
- Now a link appears on the screen. Tap on ‘Copy Link’ or ‘Share Link’ and send an Invite Link to your friends.
- As soon as they get that link they can join your Telegram group instantly by following that link.
The link generated above or shown in the above image of ‘Invite Links’ section is not friendly and we can’t remember. So, if you want the friendlier-looking link, Telegram Supergroups can become ‘Public’. Through this, you can get a short link such as t.me/testpublicgroup. With this short and friendly link, anybody can see the entire chat history of Telegram Groups and can join to the post messages. The sample link is shown in the below image. Inside a Telegram public group, you can also copy links to ‘individual messages’. By opening the t.me link, anyone can see them. Here anyone means the one who doesn’t have a Telegram account can also see. As no Telegram account required you can tweet with confidence.
Better with Bots
The potential power of these Telegram groups will be extended further with the help of these Bots. These Telegram bots make anything possible from automated moderation to polls, payments, games, and beyond.
>>> Know more about Telegram Bots.
In Supergroups, there may be thousands of members and if you are the admin to one of those Supergroups you will definitely want to maintain order in your community. Also, you want to manage it properly with the help of some other person in the group. So, you can now make them admin with some specific sets of privileges. In short, you can add admins with some limitations. All you have to do is choose the right one among your group who will be a trusted admin. They will be able to add new users, block member, manage messages, add new admins, or edit group info. That is upto you to give specific privileges to that admin.
Let us take you as an admin to a Telegram Group. Now, in the Telegram Supergroup, there may be few members who cause problems and you need to stop that. But you don’t want to ban them completely from the group. In such case, these Partial Bans play its role well. Means, you can partially restrict their rights in the supergroups and stop their behavior. You can stop them from sending messages or can allow read messages. It also gives an option to stop them from sending media or stickers and GIFs in the supergroup. Most of all you can stop them from embedding links. You can set all these privileges or restrictions for a certain period of time.
You can ban members even with the robotic police force. Means, even robots can get in on the fun. Based on the members’ actions, you can impose permanent or temporary bans on them automatically using the admin bots.
Recent Admin Actions
For one Telegram group if there are multiple admins, then we easily get confused about which admin is doing or did what and when in the group. So, to avoid that confusion the Telegram Groups have provided a section named ‘Recent Actions’ in the Admins Page. This section helps in storing a log of all service actions that were taken in the Group Telegram in the last 48 hours. Moreover, this is visible to the admins only.
Also, these Recent actions show the deleted messages in Supergroups in the last 48 hours. The original versions of edited messages were also shown for the same period i.e., in the last 48 hours. So, no one can escape from the admin. The nasty behavior like self-deleted spam will no longer helpful in this case.
Stickers of the Group
If your Telegram Groups are large with 100 members or more you can choose an official set of stickers. These stickers can be seen and used by all the members of the group while they are chatting in that Telegram group. With this feature, there is no need to add stickers to their panels.
>>>> Download Telegram App Now <<<<
Cool Features of Telegram Groups
- Instant Search: You can find the message that you are looking for within seconds. You can even find among millions of messages. To make your search easy, just filter messages by Sender.
- Unified History: After posting the messages, you can edit or delete them. On deleting messages they disappear for everyone.
- Smart notifications: You can mute the group and get the notifications only when the group people reply to your messages or mention you in the chat.
- Cross-platform availability: You can access the Telegram Groups or messages from any number of devices (mobile or desktop) anytime.
- File sharing: It allows you to send and receive files up to 1,5 GB size each and the file can be any type. Also, you can access those files instantly on your other devices.
- Moderation Tools: As I mentioned below you can appoint some administration with certain privileges to control membership, mass-delete messages, and pin important messages.
- Customization via bots: Using Bot API and Inline Bots you can create custom tools for any specific needs.
- Pinned messages: It allows you to pin any message. That pinned message will be displayed at the top of the chat screen. All the members in Telegram Group will get a notification even if they muted the group messages.
>>> Don’t Miss: How to Download Telegram APK for free
How to make a Telegram Group?
- iOS: If you want to create a Telegram group on the iOS device then, Start a new message (tap on the icon at the top right corner in Chats) >> ‘New Group’.
- Android: For Android devices, you just need to tap the circular pencil icon in the chats list and tap on ‘New Group’.
- Telegram Desktop: To create Telegram groups on the desktop, Click on the menu button at the top left corner and tap on ‘New Group’.
>>> Recommended: Simple steps to Install Telegram for PC
How to upgrade Telegram Groups to a Supergroup?
- iOS: Go to the group info page which you want to upgrade and in the top right corner, click on ‘Edit’. Finally, scroll down and tap on ‘Convert to Supergroup’ button.
- Android: To upgrade Telegram Groups to Supergroup in Android device, Go to Group info page >> in the top right corner, tap “…” >> choose ‘Convert to Supergroup’.
- Telegram Desktop: In the desktop version, go to the Group that you want to upgrade >> in the top right corner, click on “…” >> Manage group >> ‘Convert to Supergroup.
>>> Must read: How to Download Telegram iOS?
Assigning Administrators in Telegram Supergroup / Group?
In normal Telegram Groups, every member of the group has permission to invite new members, change the group’s photo and edit the group’s name. This is ideal for small groups of friends or coworkers. But for larger communities, they need more administration. For such communities, Telegram has introduced a special restricted mode.
In this restricted mode, the only admin will have rights to change group name, group photo and add new people. They also have the power to remove the group members from the Telegram Groups.
- iOS: Tap the group photo on the group’s chat screen and go to Group info >> Edit >> Add admins. Disable the section ‘All Members are Admins’. Finally, you can appoint admins from the list.
- Android: To assign admin in the Android devices, Go to group info (in the header, tap on the name) >> tap on “…” in the top right corner >> Set Admins >> disable “All Members Are Admins” >> Finally you can appoint admins from the list.
- Telegram Desktop: Go to Telegram Group >> click on “…” that is visible on the top right corner >> click on ‘Manage group’ >> go to ‘Manage Administrators’. Finally Disable the section “All Members Are Admins” and from the list, appoint the people.
>>> Check out: What is Telegram Stickers
How to add more members in Group Telegram?
You can add your contacts who are using Telegram app and want to join Telegram groups or you can search by username or you can send the invitation to your contact who don’t have a Telegram account. By sending people an ‘Invite Link’ it is easy to migrate the existing groups to the Telegram Groups.
How to create Telegram Group Link?
- Go to Group Info.
- Tap on Add Member.
- Invite to Group via Link.
With this link, anyone who has the Telegram on their device will be able to join your Telegram group. If you want to stop the link working immediately, you can choose to revoke the ‘Invite Link’ that you created.
The complete info regarding Telegram Groups is available on this page. So, I hope you got the information about what you are searching for. There are several features which made Telegram stand unique from other messaging applications. Check out about each feature and also know how to use them. You can also find about Telegram Supergroup, how to join Telegram group, Assigning Admins, upgrade Telegram group to Supergroup and much more. If you have any other doubts or queries regarding these Telegram Groups, mention them in the comment box, we will help you with a better solution. For more latest updates, keep visiting www.telegramapp.me regularly.