Telegram is the messaging app which we generally use on mobile. But what if we want Telegram for PC? It is now possible to get Telegram PC official version from here. Along with all mobile devices like Android/iOS/Windows, the Telegram team is also providing the application for your big screen. Some may think that what’s the use of Telegram Desktop, but there are a lot of people who are still making the Telegram Download for PC. For Android Mobile, iOS, and Windows Mobiles there is only one way to download this app but to download Telegram on PC there are 2 easy methods. Check out what are those.
Before downloading, let’s learn something about Telegram app. It is a fast messaging application from which you can chat with your friends and family. It is similar to the WhatsApp, Viber, Hike, etc. But there are some unique features in Telegram Linux/PC app which you can’t find in other messaging apps. Telegram app is fast, secure and safe to use on any device. You can happily download Telegram for PC as it won’t brings any virus or malfunction to your system. So, get that safe version from here.
>>> Read more: Telegram App Features
Telegram PC / Telegram Desktop
Telegram App was introduced first on an iOS device in the year 2013 and after few months it was launched on Android Device in the same year. Later in 2014, it released for Windows Phone. Finally, in the year 2017 Telegram Desktop version was out. ‘Telegram Web‘ is also available to use this app on PC/Laptop. I mentioned above that there are many interesting features in the Telegram Laptop version. Check out those features from the below section. After referring those, you will definitely want to download Telegram on PC.
Features of Telegram on PC
- Telegram PC App / Telegram Desktop version is fast, secure and is perfectly synced with your Mobile Phone.
- It allows its user to send any type /kind of files or documents.
- There are a lot of stickers available with which you can have good fun.
- In remote locations also it connects well.
- The fastest messaging app in the market.
- You can coordinate groups of over 1000 members.
- Build tools on API.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Telegram App for PC allows you to synchronize your chat on all your Devices like Mobile/ Laptop.
- Free to download Telegram for PC.
- No ads on this app.
- There is an option to self-destruct the messages with a timer.
- To free download Telegram for PC, all you need is a valid phone number.
- It is the most reliable and in minimum bytes possible it delivers your message.
- There is no problem with your privacy as it never gives the 3rd party access to your information or data.
- You can save your external storage as it won’t any of your storage to save the chats or media. It uses Telegram cloud storage for this purpose.
>>> Recommended: Simple Steps to Install Telegram APK Free
What’s New in Telegram App for PC? – Latest Version 1.3.9
- Use proxy for calls.
- When working on the proxy servers there is an Improved stability.
- The text and emoji replacement is happening immediately after the typing (Before it was done after sending). Also, using CTRL/CMD + Z or Backspace you can be rolled back. When pasting text the replacement no longer.
- To quickly switch between several proxy servers, you can save them in the Settings.
Added Shortcuts in Telegram for Laptop
Just select the text and use the following shortcuts in Telegram App for PC.
- CTRL/CMD + K: This is to create or edit a custom link.
- CTRL /CMD + B/I: To Bold and Italic the text.
- CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + N: This command is to clear formatting.
- Finally, CTRL/CMD + SHIFT + M: Use this shortcut for the monospace font.
>>> Don’t Miss: Complete Steps to Install Telegram iOS
Free Download Telegram for PC
The button to download Telegram PC is here. Before hitting that button check how to install Telegram for PC using different ways. You can download it in two ways: One is using the .exe file and another is using the Android Emulator which gives the mobile environment on your PC/Laptop. Check the step by step process below. Also, you can get Telegram for Linux devices. So, if you are using the Linux OS on your PC, check out how to install Telegram Linux easily on this page.
>>>> Click here for Telegram Download Process <<<<
Requirements to download Telegram PC
- PC/Laptop running on Windows 10. Check the below table for minimum and recommended system requirements.
- Telegram App.
- Android Emulator (If you are following the second method to download Telegram PC).
|Minimum (Minimum requirements to open Telegram)||Recommended (for Best Experience)|
|OS||Windows 10||Windows 10|
|Keyboard||Not specified||Integrated Keyboard|
|Mouse||Not specified||Integrated Mouse|
>>> Must Read: Process to Download Telegram for Windows Phone
How to make Telegram Download for PC using a .exe file?
- Click on the button given on this page to download Telegram App PC. On clicking this button you will be directed to the Microsoft page with the Telegram Desktop Latest version.
- Click on ‘Get the App’ on that page. Remember that your PC/Laptop should be running with Windows 10. If not, it shows a message that ‘This app does not work on your device’ as shown in below image.
- You can also download Telegram for PC through the Official portal, www.telegram.org. All you have to do is, just visit https://desktop.telegram.org/ >> Click on ‘Get Telegram for Windows’ (If want the portable version, click on ‘Portable version for Windows’) >> click on Save button.
- Thus, run the saved application to get Telegram on PC. You can now chat or share data on a bigger screen. Also, this Telegram desktop app us perfectly synced with your mobile.
Steps to download Telegram for Desktop using Bluestacks
- If are not able to install the Telegram for PC using the first method, you can follow this method which simply installs Telegram PC using an Android Emulator. For this, first, you need to install the Bluestacks Emulator.
- Make sure that Bluestacks in perfectly installed on your system. It helps in bringing the mobile environment on to your desktop. There are many emulators available in the market, but I recommend you this Bluestacks which is more effective and efficient.
- Now, after installing this emulator, open Bluestacks on your desktop and in the search bar enter ‘Telegram App’. You can see the Play store icon. Just click it and when it asks for a login, enter your Google account details and sign in to the Play store.
- There it shows the Telegram App. If not, you can see a search bar where you can enter the app name ‘Telegram’ and find. On finding the app, click on it and tap on Install button.
- Telegram gets installed on the Bluestacks. So, when you want to use Telegram on PC, just open Bluestacks > All Apps > Telegram.
How to download Telegram for Linux OS?
- To get Telegram on Linux, click on the download button here or you can directly download using the wget command.
- After downloading the Telegram Linux, just unpack the tarball. Now, you need to Switch the current directory from the extracted one. In the command line, you need to execute the binary file of Telegram. Finally, after few steps, you can use the app on your Linux device.
- Otherwise, you can visit the official portal of Telegram and download Telegram Desktop for Linux. For this, you need to go to https://desktop.telegram.org/.
- There only the Windows version will be visible. So, click on the “Show all platforms”. Now, if you are using the 64 bit Linux, click on ‘Get Telegram for Linux 64 bit’ and if you are using the 32 bit Linux, then you need to click on ‘Get Telegram for Linux 32 bit’.
- The .xz file gets downloaded on your device. Click on that setup file and install it by following the instructions that appear on the screen. Finally, you can get the Telegram for Linux.
How to use Telegram Web?
- Without installing Telegram on PC, you can directly use it on your Desktop using Telegram Web. All you need is a valid Mobile Number and you need to install Telegram app and sign up for your Android/iPhone.
- Visit the official Telegram Portal and click on ‘Telegram Web Version’ or you can directly go to https://web.telegram.org.
- On that page, you can find see the Sign In wizard. It asks you to choose your country and enter your entire mobile number as shown below.
- After selecting your country and entering your mobile number, one pop-up appears to verify your mobile number. If the number is correct you can click on OK.
- Thus, you can start using the Telegram on PC with its Web version. If you haven’t done the signup process before on your Android or iPhone device, then it shows the error as shown below.
- So, follow the step by step process to use Telegram Web version successfully. If you are not satisfied with this Web Telegram, you can go for any of the methods mentioned above. When you want to stop using the Web Version, just click on the Log Out button that appears on the top right of the page.
Telegram for Mac
Till now we have seen the installation steps on Telegram for PC of both Windows and Linux. What about Mac? There is also an official version of Telegram Mac. Mac OS is specially designed for the Apple Desktops. The installation procedure will change for this OS. So, click on the below link to know how to install Telegram Mac OS.
>>> Also Read How to Download Telegram Mac
Telegram App PC – Additional Information
|Telegram PC Download Information|
|Application Name||Telegram for PC|
|File Name||rar / .apk / .exe (.xz for Linux)|
|File Size||44.61 MB|
|Last Update||28 August 2018|
|Published||Telegram Messenger LLP|
|Supported Languages||English (United States)|
Conclusion on Telegram Download PC
Thus, we have provided all the possible ways to download Telegram for PC. You may use Windows OS or Linux or Mac OS for your PC. Irrespective of the device OS, they made the Telegram app available for all devices. So, just check the installation steps and make free download Telegram for PC. If you face any problem while installation, you may just leave a comment below. I’ll get back with the solution. Thank you for your visit!! 🙂